I have a preschooler, that loves books. As he is getting older, the idea of him recognizing site words, letters and more is becoming more important in his development, and he needs a fun developmentally appropriate way to do so.
I was contacted by IBW Interactive books to do a review and giveaway, and here are my thoughts on this product. The activities on the web scenes were simple and fun, my son enjoyed these very much. As for the Tracing of the letters, this was difficult as he can not maneuver the mouse very well. Here is a brief video of me and my son, he was 3 in May. From the Website:
“The Interactive Book-Webscene proprietary process combines the reading of a print book with the interactivity of online animations. Here’s how it works: At the end of each chapter, the reader is directed to a specific link on a website associated with the book. Here, the reader views a webscene. Webscenes contain 2D and 3D animations. Each webscene is essential to the storytelling. After viewing the webscene, the reader returns to the book to read another chapter, after which are instructions to view another webscene, and so on. Each book contains 6-10 webscenes.”
You do need to have a computer near by, to type in the web address for the pictures sequence. These are not downloads, they automatically pop up on your computer when the address is typed. The book guides you with the web address, and other ideas on play and activity for you and your child.
If you are interested in making extra money, who isn’t these days, you may want to check out the opportunity at www.IBW-Booksellers.com
IBW-Books is offering one Coupon Princess reader their choice between these two wonderful prize packs which include:
1. The Busy Preschooler’sGuide to Learning Described as fun activities built using the 26 letters of the alphabet, with step-by-step help to guide parents in how to use everyday situations to teach 105 skills their kids need before they walk in the kindergarten door. (Retail value $60.)
2.THREE (3) KA Readers – beginning readers that use a new kind of storytelling where kids see an animation unfold at the close of every chapter! Dr. Seuss-like rhyming hooks kids on the fun of words. Online activities help parents assess a child’s reading and comprehension. (Retail value $60.)
Busy Preschoolers Interactive Web page example is shown in above video.
To Enter Mandatory:
1. Subscribe to me, the Coupon Princess, by email HERE.
2. Go Check out www.IBW-Books.com and let me know what you liked about this idea of learning.
3. Follow me on Blogger!
4. Follow me on Twitter, and Tweet this Giveaway, Enter to win Back to School Giveaway for IBW-Books Interactive for PreSchoolers or School Age http://bit.ly/MSrKt #giveaways
5. Comment on another one of my blog posts. (up to 5 blog posts, 1 entry per comment)
Disclosure: I was sent 2 of these books to review, and the company has graciously allowed me to give a set away. Make sure you have a way for me to find you, through your comment, as I am not a detective. (smile) Submit a separate comment per entry please! Giveaway will end Sept. 21. Good Luck!